An Intelligent Approach to a Unique Line of Conservatism
As a guiding principle our education
- I call on the General Assembly to provide for tuition vouchers or tax credits to permit parents a choice of schools (private, public, parochial, or home school) to educate their children without government intervention in the school curriculum.
- I call for the elimination of tenure in all public schools.
- I believe in merit pay for teachers. I support efforts that would link teacher salaries to performance not tenure, and provide firm procedures to remove ineffective educators.
- I believe Educators at all levels shall have comprehensive communication skills in American English, and that American English should be the official language used.
- I support a curriculum and classroom settings designed to enable all students to achieve to the best of their abilities. “Mainstreaming” special-needs students with other students has been detrimental to general student education.
- I support the free speech right of students to write and speak about God and religion in public schools.
- I support higher education.
- I believe the state should prohibit school based health clinics and external organizations from providing or recommending abortion or birth-control services or referrals, including the distribution of condoms.
- I believe that sexual orientation should not be allowed to be a basis for any school clubs, be it hetero or homo sexual.